Thursday, March 1, 2012

About Jessica

I'm 31 years old, married, and the mama to a 16 month old little girl named Emmeline. I'm from Cumberland, RI and recently moved to North Attleboro, MA. I work as a corporate actions analyst for an investment management company in Boston. I'm also working on earning my MBA from Suffolk University.

I'm no crazy athlete - I played soccer in high school. I coached high school JV soccer and played co-ed indoor soccer in college but nothing competitive. I started running and kick boxing in college to stay in shape. I like to run the occassional 5K but I'm definately not looking to win the race (I just want to know I can finish it)!


 I've been working out at Striking Beauties for about 3 years now. I loved the boxing and the Muay Thai classes. The workouts were more challenging and more interesting than hitting the treadmill at those $10/month gyms. I was hooked on SB! I loved it so much that I was in boxing classes through my entire pregnancy. After having a baby I returned to boxing to lose the baby weight.

Now that I'm training for Haymakers for Hope (H4H) life is crazy. My weekly routine consists of running, bootcamp classes, boxing classes, sparring, shadow boxing, and small group training sessions. Balancing family, work, school, and training has been tough to say the least. I wouldn't be able to train for this fight if I didn't have the full support of my husband, Josh, and daughter. We are also blessed with many family members that help make it possible for me to drag myself into the gym. Thank you Gravel's, Joyce's, Pellerin's, and Lamarre's. And thank you to SB for providing babysitting!


1 comment:

  1. We're proud of you mama, keep up the hard work and kick some arse!
    - Josh and Emme

    ReplyDelete