Sunday, April 22, 2012

Glass of champagne? A nice cold beer? No thank you, I'll just drink this protein shake I brought from home.

Besides the aches and pains, bumps and bruises, and blood that have come from our training, another serious side effect has been party pooper-itis.  Jess and I are both trying to stick to a healthy diet (as best we can!) which includes good foods and cutting out alcohol.  This has been difficult in a season of bridal showers, bridal shows, bachelorette parties, weddings, St. Patrick's day parties, and Marathon Monday!   Not that we need to drink to have fun, but it's pretty lame to have to stick to water and pack your own snacks for these events.

Yesterday my friends and I hosted a pub crawl in Boston to raise money for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.

With the other Avon Walk girls- Michelle, Jess, and Nicky


In the spirit of full disclosure, I DID have a bloody mary early in the day, but I justified it by saying that it had healthy tomato juice and spices and very little alcohol.  I was also proud of myself for skipping scorpion bowls at the Hong Kong, which are my absolute favorite!! (And yes, I did pack a luna bar and string cheese for the road)

All in all, it was nice to wake up clear and refreshed and NOT hungover this morning.  Made that morning run that much easier!

Thank you to all who turned out yesterday (or bought tee shirts- thanks Magen and Jess!).  The fundraiser was a huge success! We raised somewhere around $2,500 in total!


Also, don't forget to vote for our walk-in songs and nickname on the right hand side -->
We need to choose by next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment