Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I'm on the practice field running two-a-days so I don't drop the ball when it's threw my way (- a quote from the prolific poet Shawn Carter)

Ok, so there are no balls in boxing (get your mind out of the gutter!!) but Jess and I have certainly been running two-a-days this week in preparation for our final month.

This started on Sunday with our regular workout at SB then sparring at Balletto's at night.  On Monday we trained with Jaime in the morning then had class and technique with Zach at night and we were back at it again today training with Jaime this morning and class/sparring/technique tonight!




This has been extra brutal because Jaime KILLS you in an hour workout.  Everything is very focused and extremely fast with no rest at all.  During the workout you feel like you might fall down dead (I found myself gazing longingly at my water bottle), but you can just feel your endurance getting better and better.  My new favorite drill is throwing as many punches as possible in a 2:00 round and then trying to increase your punch count the next time around!  Sometimes she also has her three-year old stand along the ring and yell "faster! faster!" What could be more motivating than trying to impress a toddler?  It certainly works for me!


Here are a few pics from Wednesday night's sparring session:

Jess giving Dena some squatting pointers


Everyone looks prettiest after sparring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment