Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter! (no gym today?!)

Today was one of the few days a year where Striking Beauties did not have classes and I felt lost. What am I supposed to do with myself? Not train today? Sundays have been for boxing drills class and sparring since the New Year, not for brunch and egg hunts.

Well I tried to start my Easter Sunday off right. I decided to take a run with Emmeline (the Honey Badger). It wasn't the same as Zach insisting we can do 3 minutes of double unders or sparring Dena, Mel, Shelly, or Julie until I can't move my legs anymore but a run was the least I could do.


Emme gets ready for an Easter morning run
Nora and I have been training for Haymakers for Hope for about 4 months now. We're in the gym for boxing classes, bootcamp, pilates, sparring, footwork drills, pad work, and running 6 days a week. Today made me realize how much this training regimen has really set in. Missing a regular training day feels so unnatural now. I never thought I could do this much back in January. I can't wait to get back in the gym Monday to train even harder. Nora and I have sparred our opponents and are ready to work with Zach to box our best come fight night. The fight seems so close now! Haymakers for Hope is May 17th at House of Blues in Boston. Check out the ticket and fundraising page here:  http://www.crowdrise.com/haymakersforhope

Happy Easter and I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend. It's off to bed so I can get back to the gym Monday morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment